Video design or projection design is a creative field of stagecraft. It is concerned with the creation and integration of film and motion graphics into the fields of theatre, opera, dance, fashion shows, concerts and other live events.
Fun fact about video design.
- – The first recognised visual communication supported with pictograms and symbols was found between 15,000 -10,000 BC, in the Lascaux canes in Southern France.
- – Pac-Man was designed by Toru Iwatani for appealing to women, because Pac-Man is always eating… like women.
- – 89% of consumers will review a video the same day it is received, 94% of those people will share it with a friend or relative.
How can video design benefit a business?
- – According to a study by the University of Pennsylvania prospects are 72% more likely to purchase a product or service when video is used and they make their buying decisions faster.
- – Video can help present a consistent message every time for every viewer. Put forward a consistent orientation, training, sales, or marketing message to enable wider audiences and on demand viewing.
- – Video can help you reach markets that live training or sales people can’t reach. Video helps you deliver a message to smaller market segments who are unable to afford your live training services.
- – Film making and its offspring, video, has become the most powerful communication tool of the last 100 years. Video on the Internet is growing quickly, and reviewing content online has actually surpassed traditional TV viewing.
Written by Nadine Muller.